The Words: 2793 total words for the day, which were a roller coaster in regards to how good I felt about what I was writing as I went. At times it was flowing well and I liked what was coming out, but a few times, nothing seemed to be working right.
I took a good look at how much of my outline I’ve gotten through so far, versus how much is left, and I think this story is going to be one of the shortest first drafts in the series. I may try to do some brainstorming over the next few days to see if I can come up with a side plot to include or some other way to fill out the story (with something of substance, not useless filler). It’s worked before. But in the meantime, I’m lowering my daily goal to 2000 words per day (from 2500).
The Story: I wasn’t sure how to include scenes from the antagonist’s point of view without giving away who it was, so I started out by just writing those scenes in 1st person and never using that person’s name. I figured if it didn’t work, I could change it later. I did 3 scenes like that in today’s writing, and I’m kind of liking it. I can’t guarantee I won’t still change it some day after all, but I’ll keep going this way this month at least.
Total word count: 12,930
If you want to join me in my journey through the second year of NaNoToons (with a storyline), check out the NaNoToon from November 5, 2011!