Words/Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes finishing the outline of “Protector.”
As it turns out, there is a place for the formal outline style in my life. Though it didn’t work out for me in the past when outlining a story, it worked quite well for this one. Though I have outlined the story in Scrivener as well, that’s mostly because I already have a draft written, and will keep maybe 2/3 of it, so the already-written text can be sorted by scene there. But over the last couple of days, I started making a formal outline of this story as I tried to understand how the scenes would flow best, and it worked wonders.
I spent a lot of time getting this just right today, and marking the places that will need a new scene, or will need a lot added to an existing scene. There are still many other scenes that will need some revision (well, probably all of them to some degree), but that’s a job for another day.
For now, I have finished #5 on my list of writing goals that I put forth on Feb. 4th!
1. Outline “Outcast” – Time spent: 12 days (total of 8 hours, 32 minutes worked) 2. Outline “Unexpectedly” – Time spent: 7 days (total of 7 hours, 36 minutes worked) 3. Re-outline “The Seeger Book” – Time spent: 26 days (total of 20 hours, 39 minutes worked) 4. Re-outline “Vin” – Time spent: 16 days (total of 18 hours, 3 minutes worked) 5. Re-outline “Protector” – Time spent: 14 days (total of 13 hours, 56 minutes worked)
I already know what my next 2 goals will be, and I’ll re-evaluate after that. I’ll post those tomorrow though.
(I went through and added approximately how many actual hours I put into each goal, because I knew that some days I worked longer than others, and was curious about how much time was actually spent on each task. Most interesting to me is that the work on “The Seeger Book” was only about 2 1/2 hours longer than the work on “Vin,” but it took 10 more days.)