Words/Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes doing preliminary work for the new outline of “Vin.”
I spent that time reading through the first draft of “Vin,” which was written in November of 2017 for NaNoWriMo. I’m now on page 50 out of 142.
I feel a little like I’m cheating, calling this writing work, because it’s super easy to spend a lot of time on it. In fact, after I post this, I may go back and read some more tonight. As I said a few days ago, I really enjoy this book. However, I’m also seeing some major weaknesses in it that I will do my best to write out of it. And I don’t just mean the parts of the story that I know I need to change, but things like one of the main characters being a little…overwhelmingly unhappy and…not exactly whiny, but I can’t think of another word for it.
I did also spend quite a bit of time making some tentative changes to my timeline for all of the Pithea Books. I had to add 2 years before this story, and make sure it worked out okay. It meant seriously extending the time between milestones in a relationship that so far won’t be seen developing in any actual books, but I still want to make sure is worked out. Interestingly enough, I once decided I needed to compress that development…and now I’ve de-compressed it, or at least some of it.